Realtors are not just involved in the real estate selling and buying process; they are also involved in leasing. You will find that hiring a realtor to lease your property is always a good idea. Since real estate is a realtor’s primary training and focus; they are well versed on real estate matters. Also, Realtors in Columbus, Ohio that are members of the Columbus Board of Realtors have the ability to list your rental home on the MLS (multiple listing service), which could serve as a great advantage for you and your property.
If you are planning on leasing a property in the Columbus, Ohio real estate market(this article may help your decision making process); then considering one of its realtors to do the task of leasing the property will prove beneficial to you for the following reasons:
- It frees up your time so that you can focus on other matters.
- You do not have to deal with the stresses and strains that come with tenant screening, et cetera.
- You have someone who is accountable to you, because of their code of ethics; for any mishandling of the leasing process.
- It saves you from unscrupulous individuals who could pose as the property owner by getting details from your advertisement and then have you end up with squatters.
- A realtor can offer tips that might prove useful in making your rental unit more marketable.
- Your property will be listed on the MLS which gives it a very broad exposure.
- A realtor can help you with options in selling the property to the tenant if you decide on doing so later.
If this seems like a logical next step for your situation, you may also want to consider hiring a property management company to both lease and manage your property. My recent post on ‘Questions to ask when renting your home‘, may help provide some insight as to the benefits of hiring a qualified property management company, especially in Columbus, Ohio. Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or comments about leasing or managing your home